My name is Nurya Love Parish. I live on ten acres called Plainsong Farm. Sometimes in the morning, or at night, plainsong can be heard in my study. It sounds like this.
The farm is not nearly so evident. Maybe next year…
Who am I?
I’m a wife, a mother, and a priest. Trying to glorify God with my days. Failing, falling, and trying again.
I can’t stop wondering how to preach the gospel with my whole life.
And I can’t stop dreaming about restoring the health of Christ’s church. Not for my own security, but for the sake of generations to come.
Once upon a time, I wasn’t a Christian; I wasn’t raised to be. When I was baptized at the age of 25, my whole life began. I have a feeling this is the place where that story will be told.
Other places you can find me: St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church in Grand Rapids; Building Faith, an online Christian education community; and Acts 8 Moment, praying for and re-imagining the Episcopal Church.
Good to meet you! I’m Nurya…
Welcome!Here, a mother and priest chronicles her attempts at practicing resurrection. This sometimes involves small children and organizations known as "church." Other times it just means telling the truth. Occasionally chickens are mentioned. Click "About" for more...
Praying Day by Day
Looking for something?
- RT @danieloftheway: The Rev. Whayne Hougland is the bishop elect of the Diocese of Western Michigan. Let us pray for him and us as we prepa… 1 hour ago
- RT @StJohnsEpisGH: Announcing the Ninth Bishop-Elect of Western Michigan. Congratulations and prayers for our Bishop-Elect, Whayne,... http… 1 hour ago
- Still on the iPhone and headed home. #EDWM 1 hour ago
- Wow thanks everyone for the RTs and responses during #EDWM tweeting. I was working from an iPhone so I am just seeing them now. 1 hour ago
- Bishop-elect Hougland speaks to convention via phone and honors other 3 candidates #EDWM 2 hours ago