Lent has begun. Our family and some in our congregation are experimenting with “Lent in a Bag,” a resource inspired by a posting on the National Association of Episcopal Christian Education Directors e-list (recently renamed “forma”). At the beginning of last week, I gathered Lenten symbols and wrote very short [...]
This Sunday we celebrated the Baptism of Our Lord. Our children woke up to scallop shells (see them? even though they are really too small for the setting?) scattered around the Advent wreath. (On the other hand, please do not notice how very un-Martha those ribbons are.)
I agree with Crystal Paine, who’s been inspiring me lately. Yearly goals make life better. I sat down as 2011 turned into 2012 and came up with my own list. Most relevant to this blog is my goal to celebrate 52 sabbaths this year. I’ve been reading about Sabbath [...]
Good to meet you! I’m Nurya…
Welcome!Here, a mother and priest chronicles her attempts at practicing resurrection. This sometimes involves small children and organizations known as "church." Other times it just means telling the truth. Occasionally chickens are mentioned. Click "About" for more...
Praying Day by Day
Looking for something?
- Ok, #gathering2013 are you the same as Gathering of Leaders? I thought you were GNTG - Gathering The Next Generation. Confused over here. 2 hours ago
- RT @WMichEpiscopal: #EDWM Bishop-elect Hougland's home newspaper: salisburypost.com/article/201305… 2 hours ago
- Day off beginning with a latte, my journal, and a good book. #peace 3 hours ago
- Wells Dry, Fertile Plains Turn to Dust, via @nytimes nyti.ms/18OrdKj 4 hours ago
- Looking forward to following #gathering2013 this week. Can anyone tell me where I would have learned about it? @davidsibley @revlucymeg 6 hours ago