Martha Stewart would not feature Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree. But it stands for Christmas nonetheless.
This year’s Advent wreath reminds me of Charlie Brown.
Our family has a tradition of an Advent wreath in the center of the dining room table. We light a candle every night and sing a song that sounds a lot [...]
I started blogging just about a year ago. I had no idea what I was doing. I was so shy about the fact that I had started a blog that I told no one, not even my husband.
I used the URL www.plainsongfarm.com because I already owned it. I bought it in 2001, soon after [...]
Once upon a time, I started a blog, very, very quietly. As in, I told no one. It occurred to me that having a blog (writing in public) and telling absolutely no one about it (keeping it private) were somewhat paradoxical. Okay, okay: they were completely self-contradictory and demonstrated a conflicted mind.
On the one [...]
1) I have now gone to enough farming conferences in Michigan that I recognize people from other events. People I only see at farming conferences.
I’ll be the first to admit that we don’t have a farm.
We have ten acres that used to be a farm. When other people owned it. A long time ago (more than ten years).
When we bought it, we didn’t know what we were doing. We had read a lot of [...]
1. I’m a Christian. I wasn’t raised to be a Christian. In fact, my father explicitly told me that Christianity made no sense. I love being a Christian. More on that later.
2. I’m married. I’ve been married twelve years. To the same husband: my only husband. My parents got divorced. My grandparents got divorced. [...]
Good to meet you! I’m Nurya…
Welcome!Here, a mother and priest chronicles her attempts at practicing resurrection. This sometimes involves small children and organizations known as "church." Other times it just means telling the truth. Occasionally chickens are mentioned. Click "About" for more...
Praying Day by Day
Looking for something?
- RT @CSLewisDaily: In Christ a new kind of man appeared: and the new kind of life which began in Him is to be put into us. #CSLewis 4 hours ago
- "Anglican network offers a way to talk about fracking" feedproxy.google.com/~r/episcopalca… 8 hours ago
- Pentecost! 18 hours ago
- It is so weird NOT to be thinking to myself "I wonder who our next bishop will be..."! #EDWM 1 day ago
- RT @danieloftheway: The Rev. Whayne Hougland is the bishop elect of the Diocese of Western Michigan. Let us pray for him and us as we prepa… 1 day ago