As the sidebar says, I’m a mom. One of the things I do as a mom is participte in the Academic Advisory Committee of my children’s school. Today we received a presentation on the new Common Core Standards for education.
What I learned was this:
States voluntarily came together to develop common [...]
In the corners of the church I inhabit, we are good at talking about the need for change. We’re not quite as good at actually accomplishing it.
But every once in a while, along comes actual innovation. I saw it yesterday in a webinar introducing Holy Moly, the latest [...]
Good to meet you! I’m Nurya…
Welcome!Here, a mother and priest chronicles her attempts at practicing resurrection. This sometimes involves small children and organizations known as "church." Other times it just means telling the truth. Occasionally chickens are mentioned. Click "About" for more...
Praying Day by Day
Looking for something?
- RT @timkellernyc: God’s salvation does not come in response to a changed life. A changed life comes in response to the salvation, offered a… 6 hours ago
- RT @jplynas: @UnvirtuousAbbey for those who think increased rate of extreme climate events is due to sexual rather than industrial activity… 9 hours ago
- RT @Wealands_Bell: I do wish people would get it into their heads that God's call is embodied in Christianity primarily through Baptism, no… 1 day ago
- Ok, #gathering2013 are you the same as Gathering of Leaders? I thought you were GNTG - Gathering The Next Generation. Confused over here. 1 day ago
- RT @WMichEpiscopal: #EDWM Bishop-elect Hougland's home newspaper: salisburypost.com/article/201305… 1 day ago