As the sidebar says, I’m a mom. One of the things I do as a mom is participte in the Academic Advisory Committee of my children’s school. Today we received a presentation on the new Common Core Standards for education.
What I learned was this:
States voluntarily came together to develop common [...]
This Sunday we celebrated the Baptism of Our Lord. Our children woke up to scallop shells (see them? even though they are really too small for the setting?) scattered around the Advent wreath. (On the other hand, please do not notice how very un-Martha those ribbons are.)
1. I’m a Christian. I wasn’t raised to be a Christian. In fact, my father explicitly told me that Christianity made no sense. I love being a Christian. More on that later.
2. I’m married. I’ve been married twelve years. To the same husband: my only husband. My parents got divorced. My grandparents got divorced. [...]
Good to meet you! I’m Nurya…
Welcome!Here, a mother and priest chronicles her attempts at practicing resurrection. This sometimes involves small children and organizations known as "church." Other times it just means telling the truth. Occasionally chickens are mentioned. Click "About" for more...
Praying Day by Day
Looking for something?
- Pentecost! 5 hours ago
- It is so weird NOT to be thinking to myself "I wonder who our next bishop will be..."! #EDWM 15 hours ago
- RT @danieloftheway: The Rev. Whayne Hougland is the bishop elect of the Diocese of Western Michigan. Let us pray for him and us as we prepa… 22 hours ago
- RT @StJohnsEpisGH: Announcing the Ninth Bishop-Elect of Western Michigan. Congratulations and prayers for our Bishop-Elect, Whayne,... http… 22 hours ago
- Still on the iPhone and headed home. #EDWM 23 hours ago